Friday, January 1, 2010

Drink More Coffee

'Tis the squeezin' for letters and quiet, snowy gray! This January I want to become a cupcake expert. Not funfetti, white icing cupcakes, but thick, rich fudge cupcakes with raspberry chocolate frosting, or lemon meringue cupcakes with nutty, buttery frosting. Oh God.



I want to go to Coffee Cottage in Newberg more often. I want to reread The Hound of the Baskervilles. Under the covers listening to Oregon rain on the moss-covered roof of my falling-apart, miniscule-bathroomed but lovable house. Journal and take up the writing I started in France. Get away to snow. Delight in it like a child first eating a cupcake with the frosting smeared all over her lips. Think more often about things that made me very happy when I was little, like airplanes and planetariums. Visit a planetarium. Listen to Bon Iver, Windmill, Animal Collective, Devendra. Meditate more regularly. As usual, worry less.





No comments: